Staffing request for COVID-19 Asymptomatic Testing Centres
Oxford City Council is looking for people not currently working or on furlough, who want to support the battle against COVID-19.
As part of the Covid response, 'Asymptomatic Testing Centres' are being set up to routinely test front-line employees. All tests are self-administered, with operatives guiding and supervising so they are done effectively. Centres are going live on the 8th February, with a soft launch on 5th February.
To set the centres up quickly we have been using furloughed staff. They will need to be replaced as they return to work, so we are looking for people to work alongside them, and eventually replace them.
Each testing centre is made up of a team of 15 people, overseen by one team leader and a deputy.
We need people who can commit for at least one month doing a minimum of three days per week. Your hourly pay will be in line with the Oxford Living Wage. All training and PPE will be provided, as well as regular fast-flow testing.
We are looking for people who:
- Are aged between 18 and 59
- Have no serious underlying health conditions? E.g. in the Clinical Extremely Vulnerable category
- Can work for at least 3-days a week for at least a month
- Can travel to Central Oxford
- Have a good level of written and spoken English
- First Aid at Work Certificate
If you are interested in supporting the work in the city, please email Azul Strong Corcoran: email@example.com.